There are many questions that eco-friendly families need to think about. Some think they can install solar panels, buy a hybrid and call it a day.
Unfortunately, there are other things you need to do if you want to live a sustainable lifestyle. You have to think about the foods you eat. We talked about the environmental benefits of a plant-based diet. However, there are other considerations as well. For example, you should try to eat organic foods if you want to reduce your carbon footprint and minimize environmental waste.
Parents of newborn babies should consider buying organic baby food. Organic baby food can be better for baby’s health and better for the planet.
Why Eco-Friendly, Health-Conscious Parents Buy Organic Formula
Breast milk is the best food for most children and should be stored for as long as possible. But it is not always possible for a mother to breastfeed her baby. It can be all kinds of diseases of a nursing woman, the treatment of which is incompatible with breastfeeding. There are situations when the milk disappears on its own, or for some individual beliefs or psychological reasons mothers are not at all keen to feed the baby with their milk. Also, sometimes the child needs a therapeutic mixture to solve a specific problem, in which case a special formula completely replaces or complements breastfeeding.
Organic formula milk has other benefits as well. As the Mayo Clinic points out, some parents buy it because it’s better for the environment. Of course, most people wouldn’t buy organic formula to help the environment if it wasn’t at least as healthy as other alternatives. Luckily, organic formula is both the eco-friendly and healthy option.
Choose formula milk
Before deciding which mixture to choose, you should consult your pediatrician, because he can tell you what you need to pay attention to mainly in each specific situation. In what mixture, the content and proportions of proteins, fats and carbohydrates, for example, if the child is underweight or underweight, he should be given more nutritious and easily digestible mixtures. The doctor will indicate certain components of the mixture if the baby tends to have food allergies.
You also need to make sure that it is truly organic and sustainable. You don’t want to buy an “organic” brand that’s guilty of greenwashing and not truly eco-friendly. Too many brands have been caught in the act of greenwashing for us to take at face value.
And of course, doctors advise choosing organic variants of baby milk mixtures. Since organic production is natural in everything. In other words, chemical fertilizers, pesticides, genetically modified organisms (GMOs) or preservatives are not used in the cultivation of the products. To become a producer of organic products, it is necessary to pass a complicated and long certification procedure. Each stage of production is controlled by the competent authority. Only these products have the right to be marked with the word organic. Moreover, an organic brand is not only a quality natural product and good marketing, it is a philosophy that assumes an attentive attitude to the environment and the health of people.
Seeking benefits in artificial feeding
If you have to artificially feed a baby, don’t feel guilty. The child can grow healthy and develop on the formula. Let’s look at the positive aspects for mothers whose children are artificially fed:
- Baby mixes are easy to prepare and easy to use.
- You do not need to watch the child around the clock, because any of your households can feed him.
- The milk mixture is absorbed longer by the child’s body, which increases the time between feedings.
- Artificial feeding allows you to go to work if necessary
- Parents need to know exactly how much their child is eating at each feeding. When a child is breastfed, you cannot measure the amount of milk consumed, which affects the baby’s satiety. And feeding the mixture allows you to measure it accurately.
- These organic options are better for the environment
Organic products: harm or advantage?
What organic products are, even today not all consumers understand, and their influence on the body is legendary. Some see organic as just another fad; others are confident in the benefits of these products.
Organic production is modern, high-tech production, carefully designed processes that do not harm nature or humans, and careful animal care. It is a radically different approach from that of ordinary farms, the animals are kept unhindered in the modern breeding complex, fed with a balanced natural feed from their production, so that they can be called happy.
Thus, an organic product does not grow pesticides, synthetic mineral fertilizers or genetically modified organisms. In breeding, do not use hormones, growth stimulants or drugs. In other words, we see a lot of advantages in favor of organic products. And if the baby mix is made up of organic products, that’s a huge plus for the health bank. It’s also better for the environment, as they don’t use pesticides or other practices that harm the planet.
Benefits of organic formula milk
A highly suitable organic baby milk mix is made in Europe – a milk mix that provides your child with all the nutrients necessary for their harmonious physical and mental development. Therefore, they tend to be ideal for people who care about their baby’s health and want to be eco-friendly parents. This mixture is designed to feed healthy children from birth in cases where breastfeeding is not possible. Its main advantages:
- the product is made of high quality organic raw materials produced by specially approved suppliers, without the use of environmentally friendly and healthy genetically modified ingredients, preservatives, colorings and flavoring agents
- has a protein complex optimized in quantity and quality, providing energy to the baby and responsible for the cognitive functions of the brain;
- the probiotics and prebiotics in the blend help boost your baby’s immunity DHA and ARA – are the two special fatty acids found in breast milk that play an important role in immune system formation and help in brain development and vision.
Organic infant formulas are ideal for artificial and mixed feeding. European baby food brands occupy a fairly large position in the baby food market.
What to consider when choosing a mixture
There is a certain list of features that young parents should pay attention to when choosing a formula for your baby:
- Child’s age. Mixtures for newborns and toddlers 6.12.18 months differ in their composition, as well as breast milk changes its qualitative and quantitative indicators during the maturation of the baby. The age range of the manufacturer is always indicated on the packaging.
- State of the immune system. For children with weakened immunity, mixtures with prebiotics and probiotics have been created.
- Presence of anemia. In such cases, the high iron formula should be chosen.
- Subject to colic. For frequent abdominal pain, a mixture of sour milk will work, normalizing bowel function.
- Allergy. Individual intolerance to the product or its components is possible. Its elimination allows the use of hypoallergenic mixtures.
In general, it is necessary to choose baby food together with a pediatrician, who will assess the health of the child and give certain advice. If the baby when using the mixture feels normal, steadily gains weight, sleeps quietly and is not bothered by colic, then you have made the right choice. But it should be remembered that each child is an individual. And what suits a friend’s son may not necessarily suit your child.
Organic baby formulas are great for the environment and your baby’s health
There can be a number of reasons why you cannot breastfeed. Fortunately, there are organic formulas that are ideal for baby’s health and the environment. Environmentally conscious parents should consider buying them.